3DCoat Forums

Error when loading the retopoed mesh in the retopo room

Go to solution Solved by Oleg Shapov,

Hi!

I recently came to a problem when trying the retopo tools.

Everything was going just fine until I made a mistake in one mesh and wanted to roll back. So I re loaded My last saved scene and all the meshes (polygroups) made, before the last one with the mistake, were gone.

But, if I closed 3dcoat and start again loading the scene, sometimes the polygroups were there and sometimes therer were not. 

So perhaps there is an estability problem.

The high poly mesh has about 8 million polys and it came directly from the sculting room.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the quick answer!

My file is too heavy for sending via the forum. It's almost 60 mB.

I can send it if you give me another way to do it. But in the meantime here are the steps.

1.- Create de main geo with voxels (8 millon polys aprox.)

2.- Open the retopo room within the same file.

3.- Begin with smart retopo (loft mode) creating 3 different poly groups

4.- Also using some times the quads command and the snap command from time to time.

5.- after the 3 first poly groups i create a fourth one and begin with the retopo without problems. Until this moment i have only saved over the same archive. Not incrementally

6.- I'm not using symmetry either.

7.- Here I made a poor Loops choice and decided to begin with the last poly group again. Delete only the new geometry and, only to be sure, re open the last saved versión of the file. 

8.- I look into the other poly groups layers and the retopoed geometrý wasnt there.

9.- Tried with Ctrl Z to undo my steps but no luck.

10.- Tried laso to re open the last saved file again

11.- I decided to close the program and have some fresh air before begining again with the missing polygroups.

12.- I start 3dcoat and open the last file and all the polygroups are there.

13.- In order to know if there is a bug, I try to open again the file without re starting 3dcoat and the geometry´were gone again.

Only the geometry´is missing the "Layers" of the polygroups are always there.  But sometime the have the content and sometime they don't 

It was he first time I tried to use the retopo room. I use 3dcoat because of the voxels but I like a lot the organic way for treating the retopology.

Best regards.

• Solution
1 hour ago, Aleks1978 said:

Only the geometry´is missing the "Layers" of the polygroups are always there.  But sometime the have the content and sometime they don't 

This happens because the Smooth tool is active. Never mind (will be fixed soon) just turn on any retopo tool.

image.png