3DCoat Forums

Deco brush sculpting option

Mix Mash

I love using the deco brush in Zbrush and would love to be able to use it to sculpt with voxels in 3Dcoat. You can use deco brush in Zbrush to do deformations but only via projection master. I'd love to be able to pick an alpha then drag it onto a mesh and have the alpha stretch and deform along the mesh to give unique shapes. It would also be nice to use splines to have a more controlled path so you can make cool deco patterns.

Paul

(mix_mash)

• Advanced Member

I love using the deco brush in Zbrush and would love to be able to use it to sculpt with voxels in 3Dcoat. You can use deco brush in Zbrush to do deformations but only via projection master. I'd love to be able to pick an alpha then drag it onto a mesh and have the alpha stretch and deform along the mesh to give unique shapes. It would also be nice to use splines to have a more controlled path so you can make cool deco patterns.

Paul

(mix_mash)

I am not a Zbrush user, so I may miss your point, but there are some tools that sound like they could work like you want...

roll over the brush above the tool palette, there are several options, one is a circle with 4 arrows around it. This "brush type" is like stamp.

Also, check out curves - which has the option to run a brush along the curve.

And of course, in paint mode, there is definitely the ability to paint along a spline.

I am not a Zbrush user, so I may miss your point, but there are some tools that sound like they could work like you want...

roll over the brush above the tool palette, there are several options, one is a circle with 4 arrows around it. This "brush type" is like stamp.

Also, check out curves - which has the option to run a brush along the curve.

And of course, in paint mode, there is definitely the ability to paint along a spline.

No, the deco brush would stretch the alpha along the path rather than stamping a repeat print of the alpha.

Thanks anyway.