3DCoat Forums

anyone familiar with '3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Auto-Retopology' videos?

3dCoatWannabe

• Contributor

I agree, I would want to see a small sample video before purchase - one that's typical of the rest of the content. Six hours seems pretty long for the subject, but just my opinion. Maybe lots of really good stuff in there getting covered, but can't know without a sample. :D

I'm with you - I like to-the-point teaching styles (Like Leigh Bamforth's videos), but once again, that's just what I prefer. Also agree that notes that go along with a course are/would be a definite plus, but I don't remember getting those with any of the many, many videos I've purchased.

Anyhow, let us know what you find out!

The 'other' Greg :)

• Advanced Member

Got some feedback on this. The author of the video is associated with Liberty3d.com, which was started by a guy who's done a whole lot of Lightwave/Fusion videos (and effects for BattleStar Gallactica among other things).

So, this is looking much better that I originally thought, as I presume this must be decent quality for them to offer it for sale on their site.

Sounds like they are working on getting some sample videos up.

My only concern is whether it's focused enough. 6 hours is a long, long time.

• Advanced Member

Got some feedback on this. The author of the video is associated with Liberty3d.com, which was started by a guy who's done a whole lot of Lightwave/Fusion videos (and effects for BattleStar Gallactica among other things).

So, this is looking much better that I originally thought, as I presume this must be decent quality for them to offer it for sale on their site.

Sounds like they are working on getting some sample videos up.

My only concern is whether it's focused enough. 6 hours is a long, long time.

Especially for auto retopology. Just click the button and see what happens ;]

3dcoat is probably one of the last apps I'd ever consider purchasing training material for (not that you'd need it when the tools are so easy to learn on their own). Development moves so fast that anything you buy will more than likely already be out of date.