3DCoat Forums

Export Shaded Texture View

biotron

Paint room request.

It would be super useful if there was a function that allowed me to capture the shaded view of the 2d texture from the texture view window and export out a PSD or a TGA of the file in the dimensions that I specify. Right now I can screen capture and do everything by hand in photoshop but that method is not precise - I end up having to scale a bit to match the UV layout and waste time fixing seams.

It's essentially a way to quickly bake a texture flat and I get exactly what I see in the shaded texture preview pane. If you could add this feature I would be eternally grateful.

Also for the texture view window - zoom to a precise 100% would be great. I can zoom in or out but I don't seem to be able to snap to specific increments like photoshop.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Yes, this has been asked before some time ago and would curtainlly be a very nice feature.

Just a FYI. You can achieve similar results using "XNormal" by baking out a couple of cavity maps and overlaying them on top an AO map.

Here is a link to a tutorial on it by Donald Phan

• 1 year later...