3DCoat Forums

Scripting with python

Tinker

• Contributor

Python easy to learn and powerfull language oriented for rapid development.

Now many 3d pakages allow to interface them with python. I cant even amagine what can be done with voxels+scripting. We can write some insane object generators, transformations etc.

And if you planing to make sdk any way, so it would be not very hard to implement.

What do you think? Thank you!

• Like 1

• Applink Developer

That would be very nice feature in 3d-coat. I agree that if Andrew is going to do this at some point of time, it should be python support because

so many 3d programs are using this. Only problem is what also Andrew said, that in some cases python is going to be

too slow. But I really like the developping speed right now so I can wait this feature.

• Contributor

You can write time critical parts in c++ later. Even if you will have to rewrite all your plugin, using python for prototyping will speed up process several times. At least bcos of that you will not have to recompile plugin and restart program after every update. Remember we more artists than programers, so python would match 3D-Coat philosophy well :)