3DCoat Forums

Forger for Ipad

manticor

• Advanced Member

Forger is a new sculpting app for Ipad .

Just downloaded it and its pretty good.The interface could do with a tweak in places but its pretty good with all the tools you'd expect from a pro grade sculpting app.For 2.99 you cant grumble at the price either .

Definately will make my daily train journeys more fun.

Shame that a basic version of 3dcoat isn't in the works for Ipad.Definately something that Andrew should be looking into.

• Advanced Member

FAQ

Q - What is the maximum amount of polygons per mesh?

A - at the moment the maximum allowance of polygons per mesh is defined by the maximum amount of vertices per mesh, 65535.

Q - What is the maximum amount of meshes per scene?

A - Currently is 5 for the iPad 1st generation, and 10 for the second generation.

This limit is set based on the memory available on the lowest generation of iOS devices able to run forger, there is no intention to charge for a higher mesh limit, this is uniquely a stability decision.

Q - Can I subdivide my meshes in forger?

A - No, currently there is no support for multi-resolution meshes.

Q - Can I load textures in forger?

A - Not at the moment, this will be solved in future releases.

Q - Are there any scene import/export scripts available for 3dsmax/Maya/Softimage/Blender to import the internal "forger Package (*.fpk)" file format?

A - Not at the moment, these will come in future releases, in the meantime you can always use the ubiquitous Wavefront OBJ file format. ;)

No further comments.

So have fun on 65K meshes. Without textures.

This is a new i tablet civilization.

Against this, I'll suggest a nice paper pad and some excellent and cheap pencils. No eraser, no undo. It helps in a way that can't be explained further.

• Advanced Member

OK beat, agreed!

But, what kind of civilization, of life style is this?

I keep doing little pencil sketches every morning. Digging in artist's books or just sketching my dog. Indeed, when coming on the tablet + workstation, all these I learned are waiting there in my mind. How an I-something can help? Maybe in the future, I'm not sure though. There isn't any need at all.

• Advanced Member

Nothing beats a sketchbook, a paper sketchbook. But these i-non senses can beat the whole meaning of civilization.

Let's talk about music.

Vinyl, philips cassette killed it. Philips CD killed cassette, MP3 killed CD, torrents killed the whole industry. iPad is the great leader, some years now.

All these can be explained. After all, these alternatives are much easier to use, incredibly mobile, cheaper (costing nothing sometimes LOL) etc.

1. Vinyl still sounds great, the best under really expensive hardware (guess what I've paid for this)

2. Digital sound, even good quality MP3, sounds beautifully under these expensive hifi systems too. And these, are very user friendly installations (not like vinyl)

3. A real paper sketch book is still easier to use than any digital one. Oops, something smells like fatal error here.

Yes you guessed right.

It's about creativity.

Let's start again, about music.

A synth will never be a real acoustic instrument. How can it be. Just spend your time learning a violin or a double bass (I play this lol) and have this experience. The first thought is that this construction is fatally wrong. After a week or so, some divine gifts start coming. This is all about.