3DCoat Forums

3DCoat extremely sluggish.

• Advanced Member

3DCoat extremely sluggish.

I bought an extra 8GB ram. I have a total of 16GB Ram. Windows 7 64 bit. I can see that 14GB+ is used by 3DCoat

when I open up my shape and import into VOX. I didn't think it was that crazy a shape, but maybe it is.

Rather than get others involved in guesswork, I will try to come back here with a LINK to a large .OBJ fle for import.

I would like to compare performance on someone elses machine, just for kicks.

I want 3DCoat to be a well behaved application ... even when I give it lots of polygons.

I'm using version 3.7.x

The shape does have a very convoluted surface and is coming in as 50,000,000 polygons estimated. But I have done this

level many many many times before and don't recal the LAG being as bad as it was yesterday.

Is 3D Coat "nicely threaded" to play nice with others ?

• Advanced Member

For example ... to interrupt the Render with ESC and then to handle a click on maybe WINDOW-SIZE ... each might take 20 seconds to process the event.

As if the event handler can't get any CPU whatsoever. But then I check the task-manager and it shows CPU as not that crazy. What common resource is

cause all the bottlenecks ? GPU ?