3DCoat Forums

Alternate middle mouse button key for pen users

ladlon

Hi.  I'm using a Wacom tablet wtih 3DCoatv4, and my pen has a rocker style button (2 button function).  I have the 'forward' button press on the pen set as a Right Click equivelant, but my 'backward' button press on the pen is set to a CTRL Press equivelant (for use in Photoshop).  So, when using a pen, I currently do not have a means to do a Middle Click equivelant (to Move my view), aside from clicking on the move icon at the top of the 3DCoat screen with my pen.

I'm wondering if there's a way to program in an equivelant using a keyboard press (ex. Hold down SHIFT and move the pen to move the view).  The move icon at the top of the screen can't have a key binded to it (it seems), so I'm not sure what options I have, since the existing controls for Move are the middle mouse button or the icon (no keyboard equivelant).

Any solutions?

• Advanced Member

Hold right click down, press down with your pen over an object on your screen.  Now move your pen.  That should give you what you are after.  Basicly you are doing a right click and click at the same time.  It's like holding the right and left button of the mouse down while moving the mouse.

Other options:  you could set up specific properties for photoshop and 3C Coat in Wacom Tablet Properties.  That would free up the second rocker button on your pen for a middle click when using 3D-Coat.

You could also program the eraser on your pen to do a middle click.

Edited by Pix Jigsaw
  • Like 1