3DCoat Forums

UV Groups

millburt

I am really liking this interface and great tools and am looking to buy a copy. One question I have is does 3d coats UV editor allow for UV sections or sets tp have different UV regions. Example is in Maya or Max there is a 1 to 1 space by default. But you can move some UV's into a new UV regions so that specific parts of your model can make use of a large map. For example I want the head to have it's own 2048X2048 map?

post-1242-1229704179_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
I am really liking this interface and great tools and am looking to buy a copy. One question I have is does 3d coats UV editor allow for UV sections or sets tp have different UV regions. Example is in Maya or Max there is a 1 to 1 space by default. But you can move some UV's into a new UV regions so that specific parts of your model can make use of a large map. For example I want the head to have it's own 2046X2046 map?

post-1242-1229704179_thumb.jpg

I think maybe in 3dc v3.5 Andrew would totally improve the uv mapping function,but now he is too busy with VS and direct drawing.