3DCoat Forums

Rotate around object bounding box - How to reset it after using undo?

Torrentula

To duplicate issue, easy steps.

1 make a cube

2 In camera set rotate around object bounding box

3 No symmetry enabled

At this point, in any view (camera settings front, left, top, ect) match the center dot of the 2d grid, matches world center, and center of cube.

4 in front view, vox mode, use grow brush add bunch of geometry on same spot. A lot of it.

5 switch to left cam. The cube is off center.

6 click undo. switching back to left side it's still off center.

Undo doesn't undo the now messed up bounding box pivot point back to center of object.

The problem here is the transform panel buttons do nothing. The object is at world space zero or local zero, whatever. Turning on symmetry you can see the pivot is center of symmetry yet no geometey is over there. Some times I can get symmetry to reset if the object and gizmo were off center or un-deleted geometry which caused it. Yet they are where they should be. Transform, Center of mass and Local space match the camera setting, rotate around world center. I can't get bounding box to. It's always off and transform panel, reset symmetry, or right click layer to global space do nothing. I thought camera shortcuts might fix but when I press front, left, top, etc, again, it's still off. I could just choose world but would rather know why this is messed up and why symmetry thinks there is something in empty space. The undo feature didn't undo this mess.

Can't edit. Just to be clear I wanted to use rotate around object bounding box to match center of mass so no matter where the object was moved I could rotate around it's center. I can't get it to reset after undo. Ran into this when while pose tool as well. Undo works fine if I am testing out pose but once I create the geometry undo leaves the bounding box/symmetry thing there with no way to reset it.