3DCoat Forums

Catmull subdivision preview when retopo

paqwak

First post here, so I'll first say hello to everyone, and congrats Andrew for his amazing job on 3dcoat.

I'm slowly starting to learn the retopology tools for the moment, and I'm really amazed how fluid 3dcoat react.

It's really cool, I'm even wondering that 3dcoat can really turn into a complete 3d poly modeling package :)

I suppose I'm not using 3dcoat like everyone probably, I'm looking to the retopology area as a way to rebuild some of my models that moslty come from

nurbs software (MoI). And I'm wondering if it would be possible to have an option to turn temporary the retopo mesh into a sds model using a catmull algo. Coming from Modo/lw, I often

use this option (TAB key) to check my mesh/polyflow ...

I've seen there is a subdivide tool, but that's not what I'm looking for ... the subdivide option use the reference mesh as background constraint (and that's pretty handy too) ... I just need a way to see how the retopo cage will look when it's subdivided.

Forgive me if it's allready avaible/asked (as I said, I'm in a learning stage ;))

Cheers

Pascal.