3DCoat Forums

Please Add More Sculpting Brushes for Image Based Sculpting

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

Feature Request - More Sculpting Brushes

Hi, I have been playing with 3DCoat's sculpting brushes recently and I have a few questions and comments.

I may be mistaken, but as a former ZBrush user there it seems to me that there is a lack of sculpting brushes within 3DCoat. I see there are 4 basic sculpting brushes in 2.17. The "draw with pen", "expand", "flatten" and "smooth" brushes.

I realize 3DCoat is in it's infancy and so to expect too much in the way of brushes at this point would probably be unfair, but I do hope this area of 3DCoat is seriously looked at and improved in the near future. Here is a link to some of the sculpting brushes in ZBrush.

http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Brush_Types

Now I am not saying 3DCoat needs tons of brushes, but there are a few brushes that I found I could not live without in ZBrush like the "Standard", "Magnify", "Pinch", "Rake", and "Clay" brushes. I think it would be great if 3DCoat had some similar brushes to allow for better sculpting.

Andrew, it would be invaluable for you to purchase a copy of ZBrush and try the brushes for yourself to see how helpful they are in the sculpting process. Do you think this an area of 3DCoat you would be able to improve in the near future? :)

Thanks

• 2 months later...