3DCoat Forums

Vertex Selection / Right Clicking to move vertices

Hastouki

Question

Hey, I'm currently trying out 3DCoat and one thing that is standing out while retopologizing is the issue of not being able to select some vertices to move them. In the attached screenshot I'm trying to right click and move vertices on her lips while using the "Points to Polygons" tool, but quite often 3DCoat just refuses to move the vertex. As an example, I can't select the vertex where the cursor is, it just refuses to recognize that there is a vertex right under the mouse cursor. I've noticed that if I zoom out, it seems to help with the issue and I can grab the vertex, but in areas of small polygons this is quite annoying. I've tried playing with the Z-bias setting but that doesn't seem to help the situation. I'm not sure what the issue is, but its quite common and I'm finding myself fighting with the tool a lot. Also it seems like the Points to Polygon tool doesn't often recognize obvious faces as polygons and tries to create a polygon with a vertex from a different edge loop, so I try to fix it in these areas by moving the vertices, which as I've said sometimes refuses to move them. Another thing is sometimes I make a face out of 4 vertices and 3DCoat removes one of them and turns it into a triangle, I'm guessing this is some snapping distance setting, somewhere but I don't know where that is. Please help! I'm really wanting to purchase 3DCoat as I need a texture painting tool, and the amazing sculpting/UV and retopo tools will be a game changer for my workflow, I just really want to stop fighting with small stuff like this and wasting time trying to make it do what I want.

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.7dd6776990c15a07dd78595ed9082453.png

2 answers to this question

Thank you for the reply! The issue is that snapping and moving across a plane are irrelevant if the main issue I'm having is not being able to select them to begin with. Its like 3DCoat doesn't see them sometimes. I'm sure you've experienced it, it happens too often for me to be in isolation.