3DCoat Forums

3.0 feedback

rimasson

• Advanced Member

I finally took some time to carve a model with 3CD 3.05.

Here is my first impressions and feedback :

Shaping a model with the current tool is nice.

Voxel tools are Ok, but the scrape tool should work with the draw with line and draw with curve strokes type.

After i use a surface sculpting tool, the surface around the brush stroke seems to be stepped

I really miss a surface smooth tool

I also miss Masking tools. Having the same masking tool as in the posing tool should do the job

I'd like to be able to save custom brush (depth, faloff, used pen...) and to have a custom brush palette

In retopo mode, i'd like to be able to create a subdiv cage by converting the current topo into subdiv and create a cage from this subdiv surface, like Zbrush do.

I'd like to see the old sculpting tools improved. In my workflow, it's often important to sculpt and keep the same topology. For exemple In a film, many characters can share the same head or body topo

I'd like to see cloth tools improved, with self collision and pins.

post-476-1245397713_thumb.jpg

Thanks for noting your insightful observations, rimasson. The changes you've suggested would be welcome additions.

If you hadn't seen encountered it, holding down the Shift key can behave as a smoothing tool in some conditions. It might not be quite what you're looking for, but you can also store some tool properties in the Presets palette.

presets.png

Despite the application limitations that you mention, you have certainly managed to produce some fine looking work!

• Advanced Member

I missed the preset palette. It's not what i'm looking for, as it dosen't store the tool type (clay, airbrush, scrape... but only the pen presets...)

i mainly use 3dc retopo tools, and not that much voxel tools.

Voxel tools are aimed to concept sculpting and don't fit into my workflow. sadly. That's why i requested standart sculpt tools improvements, and a subdiv cage creation tool, like Zbrush do.