3DCoat Forums

Constant Wacom Driver Screen Mapping issues since 2024.16 and 17

Go to solution Solved by Henry Townshend,

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I am using a 3 monitor setup, and ever since mentioned versions, when I interact with menus, the Wacom driver projection breaks. I don't think this is coming from their side. I had one Wacom update in the meantime, and it was like that before and after the update (meaning also was the same, breaking with the driver I used for a long time before I updated).

Always loved how flawlessly 3D Coat worked with Tablet Pen. Frequently having my pen cursor jumping to another screen or suddenly becoming super sensitive due to the projection somewhat being bypassed, is unpleasant to work with. I hope this could be addressed.

To give an example, it happens when I use the Instancer and put in some numbers for position. As soon as I click any of the fields and the prompt starts awaiting a number, the pen goes bonkers and loses it's proper projection being tied to one screen, but instead, suddenly goes across all screens, making it very frustrating and flow breaking to interact with menus for me now. It also happens in any other side menu of any other tool the same way.

image.png.73731f256ed4bdcde7fc867b516b1ef7.png

Edited by Henry Townshend
typos
  • Confused 1

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Update: I started noticing this problem when switching between other apps, esp. when switching with pen between different apps contexts. Between some apps it happens, e.g. when I switch between Firefox and Unity. So seemingly, this is not a problem caused by 3D Coat. But it is affected by it somehow :( So please pardon for making this a report here. I hope that Wacom get its together again in a next driver update, as it seems to be indeed on their side.

clarify

• Advanced Member
  • Solution
Posted (edited)

LOL, and just after posting, I figured out that the problem was Firefox! Who would have guessed... I assigned a custom setting to Firefox in my Wacom settings and set the screen projection to my main monitor, and the problem stops now to occur in 3D Coat. How weird.

I always have firefox open as I listen to a lot of music on YT while working. Seemingly Firefox interefered with the mapping globally, causing the issue to happen in 3D Coat. I believe, each time when you enter a number in 3D Coat into a menu entry, the menu gets modal and 3d Coat sleeps in background, and hence the Firefox context was somehow active while dealing with the menu while entering a number. Setting Firefox also to single screen prevents it from messing with other apps. I have no idea why it was this way now, as I worked for years without this issue. Who knows, maybe some firefox update caused the issue, especially since they added editing PDF and stuff, I reckon they also worked on their pen support, potentially unwantedly messing with the driver. Usually, the "all other" in the driver set up setting should have taken care of it.

Then again, maybe I did add a custom firefox profile at some point without noticing. In any case, pen in 3D Coat works just fine as always!

clarify
  • Haha 1

I had a similar problem before. It seems Coat has some adaptive issue with multi-screen. I need to always keep the screen on which you wish to run 3DCoat numbered as 1 under windows display setting. Took me a while to mess with screens and video card connection. Hope they get this fixed one day.