3DCoat Forums

UV Questions

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

Hi, I have a number of UV questions, so please bear with me.

What I want to do is very simple. I want to create a UV map on my mesh I imported from ZBrush, then edit the map in Photoshop.

So I marked my seams etc. and saved the UV info to a .uv file and now I need to save the final UV map. How is this done? I went to Textures > Export UV, but it only exports the mesh as an .obj.

• Advanced Member

Hey, I've already answered you for this question as early at 18 October 2008, that's almost one year ago. And I'm sure you had read it at that time.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1749&view=findpost&p=10348

Are you in time travel and where the time yours is now before 18 October 2008? :unsure:

post-445-125703176599_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

I know how to create the UV map, but when I open it in Photoshop it appears as a solid grey image. Where are any lines so I know what part of the image I am painting. Is there a way to get the poly lines to be saved with the UV map so it looks like the UV preview in 3DCoat? (see image UV_preview.tiff)

post-920-125705804829_thumb.jpg

UV_preview.tiff

• Advanced Member

I know how to create the UV map, but when I open it in Photoshop it appears as a solid grey image. Where are any lines so I know what part of the image I am painting. Is there a way to get the poly lines to be saved with the UV map so it looks like the UV preview in 3DCoat? (see image UV_preview.tiff)

Yes, still the same answer, in edit menu.

OK, more details:

"Edit"-"Sync Layers with Ext. Editor"

In Photoshop, you should see a layer named "Wireframe", isn't it the "poly lines" you asked?