3DCoat Forums

Retopo Mesh Preview

Roger_K

• Advanced Member

Im not sure if im missing something fundamental but I can find no way to quickly preview my retopo mesh in 3dCoat. When I do retopo I need to be able to check how my mesh is smoothing with Gouraud Shading. The subdivide function at the moment is no help as while it smoothly subdivides the mesh it remains transparent and has no Gouraud shading. Its impossable to test my topology without exporting and loading into another app, where i can see the shaded mesh. It seems insane to me that we have such great retopo tools but no way of seeing how well our new mesh is working.

Ideally I'd love a toggle button that smooth shaded and subdivided and rendered the mesh at 100% alpha. It would also be usefull to have a number box to set the number of smoothing iterations. Just look at any SUB D Modeling package. If this could be enabled as i worked it would be a excellent. If I can just get a good mesh preview i will be happy though.

Thanks

-Rob

• Advanced Member

Im not sure if im missing something fundamental but I can find no way to quickly preview my retopo mesh in 3dCoat. When I do retopo I need to be able to check how my mesh is smoothing with Gouraud Shading. The subdivide function at the moment is no help as while it smoothly subdivides the mesh it remains transparent and has no Gouraud shading. Its impossable to test my topology without exporting and loading into another app, where i can see the shaded mesh. It seems insane to me that we have such great retopo tools but no way of seeing how well our new mesh is working.

Ideally I'd love a toggle button that smooth shaded and subdivided and rendered the mesh at 100% alpha. It would also be usefull to have a number box to set the number of smoothing iterations. Just look at any SUB D Modeling package. If this could be enabled as i worked it would be a excellent. If I can just get a good mesh preview i will be happy though.

Thanks

-Rob

+1 and hide voxel when preview is one...