3DCoat Forums

Voxel Move Groups

Calabi

• Advanced Member

I have an idea dont know if its been bought up before or if its similar to others or if its rubbish. If it is I apologise.

The idea is you are able to define a bunch of Voxels using a container(like the primitive creation tools) or other methods of the same sorts. You then are able to manipulate that group using the other tools not neccesarily just the transform tool.

You can save and have as many voxel groups as you want perhaps even have some which overlap.

So basically lots of voxels are defined as one voxel for the purpose of the tools. Or maybe other possibilies with that group?

Not sure if Its explained adequately can explain more if need, but thats the gist of it.

• Advanced Member

Indeed, thats very similar, I didnt think about the voxel layers.

You could use it like the selection method in photoshop. You select the primitive object you think will best fit the voxels you want to encapsulate, say an arm on a character with rings, bracelets. You might use a rectangle primitive, and drag it out over the arm in the viewport, then you use the transform tools to position and size it so it exactly surrounds the arm. Then press enter. Then you could say rotate the arm into another position. The joint at the arm might not look right but with voxels it shouldnt be too hard to fix and adjust things.