3DCoat Forums

Free Training Course 8pm GMT 10th April

John

Hi Guys

I'm running a beginners course on 3D Coat this weekend. In it I'll go through creating a Voxel model, adding a mesh through the retopology tools, creating a UVMap and finally painting a simple texture.

It's aimed at people starting out with 3D Coat, to give an overview of the main tools I use and a look at the workflow I use.

More importantly this session is free, though there is a 5 person limit on the class. If it becomes oversubscribed I will run it again (probably the week after).

If you are interested, the Class is being held as http://www.3dhobbymag.com, who are kindly letting me use their facilities. If you would like to book a place look down the right hand side to find the events calander, click on the button on the 10th and book a place.

Hope to see you there.

John

I have never been to a live training course (videos mostly) - Is there anything I need or need to know about, besides needing the program of course?

you dont need much, the desktop sharing is through a browser so it might ask you to install a control or something. Though it did not do that on my machine.

Voice is done through Team Speak 3, which is free and easy to use. We tried some other apps but they were complicated and unpredictable.

The guys over and 3d hobby are very helpful, and I'm always about at this time of night to help out. We are on team speak at the moment so you can get it installed and test it out in advance if you like.

John.

Thank you for the reply John and the kind offer of help. I won't be able to make it over to 3D Hobby tonight but perhaps others can. I will probably wait and hope the course is repeated rather than take up a spot when I am not sure I can fill it.

Thank you for the reply John and the kind offer of help. I won't be able to make it over to 3D Hobby tonight but perhaps others can. I will probably wait and hope the course is repeated rather than take up a spot when I am not sure I can fill it.

No problem mate, I will be doing other courses, even if I dont repeat this one :)

John