3DCoat Forums

TIGHT_SPEED_HINT

Polygoon

• Advanced Member

Hi everybody,

I have only been using 3D Coat for about a week, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. I'm not very experienced yet, so I apologize in advance for any ignorance on my part.

1 question I have is what exactly does the "TIGHT_SPEED_HINT" % value control? I can't seem to find anything about it in the manual. The reason I ask is, I'm trying to smooth out / match up the textures either side of a seam. I think I am along the right track (perhaps not) in that I need to brush out the UV's so they are a uniform color in-between the red and the blue. In some cases the islands just need re-sizing, in others, some of the polygons of the islands need there size increased/decreased by brushing them out. I assume the TIGHT_SPEED_HINT has some effect with this brushing out of the polygons, but its not apparent to me what it is.

Also is there something that I'm missing with matching up the seams. Is there anything that controls the angle of UV projection for each individual polygon? Or is all that done automatically when its Unwrapped?

It is nice to see there is a forum like this, that people can come to for advice, and to work out solutions for things.