3DCoat Forums

Ignore & make geometry on layer translucent

PoopaScoop

• Advanced Member

To obtain a flawless smooth transition from say curve to curve, a quite length process is required. After creating your first bit of geometry you need to create the geometry you intent to transition too in a separate layer. But, you have to hide the first bit of geometry and guess where the placement of the now hidden geometry is, while creating the new geometry intended on seamlessly transitioning with it. Once you successfully lined up the two pieces, then of course you merge the two layers, resulting in a totally smooth transition.

One simple example of the effect is show in the below image.

smoothmergingofobjects.jpg

I propose:

1. An option/button, that’s would fit snugly right next to the eye icon, to ignore all geometry on affiliated layer. So I can paint on 1 layer with many different curves and each separate curve won't sit on top of another, but intersect, and then once the curve is drawn, it'll simple mearge with other curves.

2. Also pressing this suggested button would render the affected geometry in a translucent ghostlike shader. This is for aligning geometry with other geometry.

I intend to use these features for creating decorate details ontop of other geometry.

Thanks for everything.