3DCoat Forums

Dumb Q

richdj

Hey all,

I've been playing with 3DC for a couple of months. And I know this is a dumb Q. Infact, I'm probably not asking the right question, so feel free to interpret..

How do I decide which room to use? I've been mainly playing with voxels(, and touching on the retopo system). But, a recent project has me looking at the paint side. How do I incorporate them?

Rich

• Contributor

Hi Rich,

Not a dumb question at all. When I started using 3D Coat I created something in voxels, then went to the paint room and ??? Where's my sculpt?

No I hadn't read the manual at that time! :D

Anyhow, I suggest you watch some of the tutorials posted in the forum. The 'other' Greg made some excellent tutorials where he creates a Rat, and takes it into paint room.

I've done a series of tutorials myself. I know they are kind of long but they are free. :) I create a ghost cowboy, do retopo on him and then go into the paint room and do a fairly poor paint job on him. But, the process is all there.

for the 1st one. You could probably skip to the retopo videos, and then the paint video.

Good luck, and have fun learning.

Greg