3DCoat Forums

combine some UVs and layers from Imported LWO

3dCoatWannabe

• Advanced Member

If I import an LWO with multiple layers and multiple UVs, I get 1 RetopoGroup1 and a all the UVs.

In the Paint room, I can see objects for all the layers that have UVs.

1. I'd like to be able to combine several UVs together, so that in stead of having UVs for legs and shirts, I'd have just one UV. Of course, I'd need to spread them around so that they would not overlap.

2. I'd like to keep some of them separate, like for the head.

Hopefully, when I 'Export Model' from the Paint room, each of these UVs will end up as a separate layer, so that I'll have less layers than my import, but more than 1.

BTW - is there any way that importing could bring in the image maps associated with my UVs so that I don't have to start painting from scratch? I just tried the Lightwave appLink, but the new version doesn't seem to bring in the textures.

Thanks!

• Advanced Member

I would LOVE to know how to do this too. I've been confused about this for some time now. Hopefully someone will answer :)

I ended up combining them in Lightwave. It was not too much trouble at all, but ... I'm sure there is a way in 3D Coat.

The only problem with 3D Coat, is ... it does EVERYTHING, but ... sometimes it's hard to figure out how.