3DCoat Forums

Too many Triangles connected to an edge

nicksc

Hi everyone, here is a topic I started in another forum, but thought would be better talked over here. Look at the attached file to get the full gist.

"Hi everyone Hopping to solve this problem. I exported the part from sculptris and then modified the part in 3d coat and exported it back out as a obj. But when I tried to import it back into Sculptris it gave me this error Too many Triangles connected to an edge (max). I can import this file in any other program I have except for Sculptris. So I brought the triangle count down in rhino then was able to bring the sculpt into Sculptris. However the triangle count is so low that I lost alot of detail. Can anyone explain this."

I'm hoping this will be resolved soon. does anyone have any input about this problem?

post-6881-0-36878900-1312983739_thumb.jp

Hi everyone, here is a topic I started in another forum, but thought would be better talked over here. Look at the attached file to get the full gist.

"Hi everyone Hopping to solve this problem. I exported the part from sculptris and then modified the part in 3d coat and exported it back out as a obj. But when I tried to import it back into Sculptris it gave me this error Too many Triangles connected to an edge (max). I can import this file in any other program I have except for Sculptris. So I brought the triangle count down in rhino then was able to bring the sculpt into Sculptris. However the triangle count is so low that I lost alot of detail. Can anyone explain this."

I'm hoping this will be resolved soon. does anyone have any input about this problem?

Could you provide the obj file, so that I can mess with it with poly/clean/reduce tool?

Regards,

Vlad

• Advanced Member

As this attachment is been captured from my post, lol, I may say, download the last beta, the problem is solved somehow. Somehow because messing with voxels and translating it to a surface isn't the easiest. Andrew did a great work, try it.

And a test, directly imported from 3dc voxels via decimation. A 6M voxels, asked for smoothing voxels once. It was enough.

ZBrushRender3dcToSculptrisTest.jpg