3DCoat Forums

3.5.>18a crash on startup on windows XP Pro [SOLVED]

Hello,

this is my bug report:

BUILD: v3.05.23c, 32bit CUDA

HARDWARE & DRIVER: MD Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2Gb of Ram and a lot of hard disks.

Gfx card GeForce 9800GT 1Gb with latest drivers

BUG DESCRIPTION: Application close just after startup. I can see the grid in the viewport and all the gui but the program shuts down just before the "new project" window.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Start 3d-coat (GL or DX is the same)

This trace is from the latest beta, anyway it happens on any version higher than 3.5.18a, CUDA or not, 32bit.

Nothing traced in the event viewer.

Please help, I need a more stable version than the 3.18A.

Thank you.

Paolo

Ok, I'm sorry that for my first post I was looking for a solution that, after some hours of tries, I found by myself.

Anyway there is the solution, maybe it could be useful for someone in the same situation.

The problem was: the tablet software!

I have a Trust tablet (TB-6300 8"x6" - Hardware name WP8060) and its latest drivers (5.0.1.0) and I have no issues with no other application than 3DCoat 3.5.19 or higher.

No trace on the log of 3dcoat.

Anyway, to solve the issue KILL WTCLIENT.EXE from task manager. This will kill also the systray icon to open the tablet settings but I can survive without it.

Yesterday I solved disabling the tablet but killing the process it's better because it's quicker and leave your tablet full working.

I hope this will help someone.

I don't need to adress this issue as a bug to be fixed, because looks too much peculiar and the workaround is easy.

Have a nice day people.

Paolo

Hello,

this is my bug report:

BUILD: v3.05.23c, 32bit CUDA

HARDWARE & DRIVER: MD Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2Gb of Ram and a lot of hard disks.

Gfx card GeForce 9800GT 1Gb with latest drivers

BUG DESCRIPTION: Application close just after startup. I can see the grid in the viewport and all the gui but the program shuts down just before the "new project" window.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Start 3d-coat (GL or DX is the same)

This trace is from the latest beta, anyway it happens on any version higher than 3.5.18a, CUDA or not, 32bit.

Nothing traced in the event viewer.

Please help, I need a more stable version than the 3.18A.

Thank you.

Paolo