3DCoat Forums

Saw a tutorial...

Kevin

and he was using some sculpting tools that were on a floating window. I think perhaps the tutorial was made from an earlier version because I can't find anyway to bring up that floating window. Also, I don't think there were any rooms in the version he was using. I have 5 rooms. (I think.) In the paint room, I know you can paint with volume or with paint only or both, etc. There are also layers. I went into the sculpt room and I see some of the tools he was using. But when I'm in the sculpt room, I don't see the layers anymore. Also, there is a draw tool, but maybe you aren't suppose to paint with it. When I try I get, I get spikes that remind me of a snake hook tool in Zbrush, but these ones are straight. So are you suppose to add volume in the paint room? If so, then what is the sculpt room for?

Also, I tried making the mouse from the tutorials I found on this website. I'm still on the first one. I did pretty good, except for the eyes. They looked pretty ragged. In the tutorial, he had some nice edges between the eyeball and the area around the eyeball. I increased the mesh one time which I saw him do in the tutorial, but it didn't really help that much. Maybe he increased it more than just once and I didn't see it?

Thanks