3DCoat Forums

Improved Shaders for Voxel Sculpting PLEASE!!

kay_Eva

• Advanced Member

Hello, I don't rage a lot on this forum but recently I've been getting fed up with how bad the 3dCoat shaders look on my PC. I've never really liked the 3dCoat shaders but I've been patient and crossing my fingers that at some point they would get some improvement but it's been years now and sometimes the shaders look so bad that it actually becomes a distraction and a detriment to me. Right now I am trying to improve as an artist using 3dCoat of course, but when the redwax shader looks the way it does along with many other shaders it can be difficult at times to understand the contours of your own models in the viewport. Not all of the shaders are bad but many of them are and I would really appreciate some enhancements in that area.

I've attached a pic of a current model that I'm practically agonizing over as I struggle to improve it, and as you can see the performance of the shaders isn't actually helping. I'm trying to understand the curves on my model but it's really hard when so many of the shaders look the way that they do. Grey is fine for a shader but not all of the time. Sometimes the simplicity and the way that the specular behaves on the default grey shader also gets in the way of my being able to see what's going on in my models.

I'm not that good of an artist but I could use some better shaders.

Thank you.

post-1190-0-94480800-1334112477_thumb.pn