3DCoat Forums

Get Paid $ for 3D Coat Skills!?!

Chloe99

I am using 3D Coat to do a lot of 3d voxel-based modeling. It works better than any other program for my specific tasks. I can process about 4 files per hour. Someone slower might only be able to do 2-3 of these. I can pay $5. file ($20. per hr. at my level of efficiency).

I can keep up with the queue now. In a few months, my new business partner (Wharton mba, founded 2 companies he took public) will bring dozens of times more of these files than I can handle.

a.) do any of you 3D Coaters wish to do this kind of work?

b.) I haven't made training videos yet & list of voxel-manipulating steps to take with each file. But once I do, do any of you have access to a larger workforce you could manage to execute a bunch of this kind of 3D Coat work?

One imports head and shoulders of a child. One fills in missing areas (in this case shoulder and crevice between arm and side). One adds appropriate "wig" from library of a few hundred to match photo of scanned child. A few other steps such as Fill Voids and Extract Skin > Make Hull Using Voxels. These are the main things. There are several steps.

post-6850-0-12143800-1337083670_thumb.jp

post-6850-0-61489100-1337083671_thumb.jp

It's pretty formulaic. The scans from which the models originate are high res, but the tweaks are not. Essentially just run the smooth brush over jaggedy areas, fill in holes.

The eyes are 2 clicks each. Use the voxel Sphere tool (not the primitive, but the Sphere tool, 9th one down on the left. Click once in each eye (inverted) radius 5 to make a round hole on each eye. Then Click once in each eye radius 3 to make a little round sphere in each eye hole. Same on ever face, 2 clicks per eye.

• 1 month later...