3DCoat Forums

is SHIFT for smooth or for straight lines

ozukaru

• Advanced Member

the tooltip of depth channel says shift key will smooth while painting but instead I get a constriction to draw a straight (horizontal line)

what can i do if I want to have a more smooth painting?

by the way how to get vertical straigh lines? :D

• Advanced Member

pretty sure the tooltip is referring to using the shift key for 'smoothing' while having the paint brush as the selected tool(as in: paint

with left-mouse-bttn, stop pressing lmb, press and hold 'shift' and hit lmb again).

the ability to restrict axis was a requested feature, and should only work if you hit lmb, then hold the shift key, and

move the mouse either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. It should work exactly as it does in Photoshop, last

I checked...

• Advanced Member

@XRA I already know that but I was talking of another way to do it thanks anyway

@wailingmonkey thanks, now it's almost totally clear, however still remains this: is there a way to paint and get smoothed borders? (and not aliased ones), with shift (as you explained) one can smooth but not at the same time than painting.

• Advanced Member

that's going to come down to what your settings are when you started (mesh 'carcass' and texture resolution).

generally, the higher your mesh carcass and texture resolution, the 'smoother' your texture painting will be.

things always depend on your hardware and goals, of course. ;)

Andrew has done some recent work with anti-aliasing the brush strokes, tho...