3DCoat Forums

Retopo> Tweak> Move Verts> Auto-Weld

JPWestmas

Hi, Is there a way to turn off the auto-weld function that happens when you move a yellow dot on top of a red one? I'm doing this while using the move verts tool in Retopo Room. I guess I can just use the brush tool with a low radius, though I would prefer not to have to adjust the radius much every time I want to do this.

And how about a ignore back facing/ culling option for the snapping feature?

I don't know about culling, but to avoid snapping I believe you can just make your brush size very small, I think it will only weld to points within the brush radius. I don't have 3DC in front of me for testing. I'll have to look at it later.

Yeah I can do that for now, thanks. I just have to get used to changing the radius more frequently. I also wish that the component selection type would retain its type per tool. For example, the move tool would stay on vertices even if I change selection tool to edges.

Yes I agree with that it's very annoying when selecting faces or something, then using the Move Vertices tool only to find that Vertices are not being affected. I just checked and yeah I don't see any way to do with without adjusting the brush size. Personally I think I just use the Brush tool for just about all of my moving then only use Move Vertices for Welding. Although it is useful that almost all of the tools use Right-click as Move Vertices. If you happen to be using Points & Faces, that tool as no brush size so Moving verts wouldn't be a problem.