3DCoat Forums

UV Distortion on Export

Hi guys,

I've got a fairly simple model that I've created and UV mapped in Maya and brought over to 3DCoat for painting. All goes well until I try and bring the model back over to Maya. While my texture paint looks fine in 3DCoat, other 3D applications (not just Maya) display it as distorted.

I've set up an experiment and attached screenshots. What you're seeing is a smoothed cylindar that's been mapped, and I've painted a straight line down the side. Again, the line displays perfectly in 3DCoat, but it will be distorted in any other application.

post-20876-0-49159300-1355131047_thumb.j

I've tried...

1) Changing my import settings, using UV smoothing improved but didn't fix the problem.

2) Changing my export settings in Maya, no success.

3) Turning off linear texture filtering, no success.

4) Completely remapping the model in 3DCoat, which seems to work in this case but is not viable for all of the assets in this project.

Any suggestions?

• Advanced Member

I believe this is about the lowpoly mode. When you press 6, I don't know what it does or what the purpose is, but it displays the model with slightly distorted uv's. I ran into this problem myself, when I found out my texture didn't look as good on my model outside of 3dc.