3DCoat Forums

zBrush, 3D Coat & Connexion 3D Mouse

Aethyr

Fantastic work on this program and thank you for taking the input devices we artists use in to consideration when programming the native functions and features of this program.

(Yes I also use a 12x12 Wacom Tablet or Razer Copperhead for my other hand)

I am a former user of zBrush who has decided to switch to this platform after I downloaded the trial. It all started the day I was going to the 3D Connexion site to see if I could find generic drivers to get the 3D Mouse to work in zBrush (which I loved but lack support for my input devices). I was on the zBrush forums all day prior to this trying to find a solution. Just when I was about to give up (after finding user made generic drivers which work great for most things but sadly not that great in zBrush) and feel I had to suffer through more restricted keyboard and mouse interactivity, when I saw on the top of the page on 3D Connexions "Supported list" _3D Brush_ which peaked my interests.. seeing as I was willing to spend money to buy the newest version of zBrush to get support for my mouse yet it wasn't there... I figured what the hell right? Give it a shot? So I set out to put it through it's paces... on a 2 hour budget I did the following with the demo and provided mesh with the intent to create a high detail first pass sketch of a zombie with a lot of complex manipulation.

zombie_front_right.jpg

zombie_front_left.jpg

zombie_back_right.jpg

zombie_back_left.jpg

I am so thrilled with this product I had to come here and say Thank you for providing a complete affordable solution that an Indy developer such as myself can purchase without breaking the bank {Edit: I am lucky enough to have found it before the price changes planned.. I hope it doesn't get to much more expensive as I will need to register more as my team grows}

PS: Feel free to use any of the above linked images as examples if desired.