3DCoat Forums

Seams Showing in other 3D Application

Teriander

I modeled an F-16 and Unwrapped it in 3D-Coat and Painted it.  It looks fine in 3D Coat but when I bring it back to 3D Max, you can see the seams from the Unwrapping.  Bascially it shows where the paint starts and stops.  I assumed this is a Padding Issue and increased the default padding in Edit > Preferences from 64 to 128 and re-exported it as well.

Do I need to repaint or re-unwrap it after changing the Padding settings? I didn't notice a difference when I had re-exported it after making this change in the preferences. Or is Padding even the issue? 

Thanks.

Thanks Alvordr,

I didn't have smoothing groups turned on.  But I reimported my model with Smoothing groups turn ON then reexported the model and it seems to work!  Either that was the solution or because I also changed the default padding from 64 to 512, and reassigned all of my UVs.  Not sure if that made a difference.  But I appreciate your response!

Edited by Teriander

• 5 weeks later...

this probably comes from your bitmap input gamma in max, it has to be set to 2.2 (I assume your working with 2.2 general gamma), exept for normal map!

you have to reload your normal map one by one overidding the gamma to 1.

or you can use a color correct map set to gamma 0.454 and instance it to all your normal maps

Edited by grocer