3DCoat Forums

Draw Using Photo

believable3d

Okay, I've tried the copy and paste method and want to develop my skills there more as far as blending and so on, but Andrew said he thought that the draw using photo method would be much better.

So I definitely want to try that. Unfortunately, the video is (1) old and with an earlier interface; and (2) more demonstrative than tutorial-like, since you can't really see what tools are being used.

I found this thread: http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...pic=724&hl=

But as far as I can tell, it's not really saying much about "Draw Using Photo." (For that matter, I can't find the Diffuse Channel interface shown in the image in that thread.. I imagine the GUI is quite different since January.)

Is there some sort of brief written tutorial on this function somewhere, detailing what tools I need to load the image in the background and what sort of tool I would use to "paint it to the surface," as it were?

Always glad to hear of mac-viewable videos-- Just tried downloading adobe-flash player, probably not the first try here, install this, install that, install something else-- still no player functionality for many 3DC videos... In hopes someday 3DC videos play easy on intel-macs at least... FWI- the zbrush videos are very easy to play by contrast-- It took them a couple years for mac-catchup, so one patiently can watch for opportunity and the path of least resistance.

• Advanced Member
Always glad to hear of mac-viewable videos-- Just tried downloading adobe-flash player, probably not the first try here, install this, install that, install something else-- still no player functionality for many 3DC videos... In hopes someday 3DC videos play easy on intel-macs at least... FWI- the zbrush videos are very easy to play by contrast-- It took them a couple years for mac-catchup, so one patiently can watch for opportunity and the path of least resistance.

I wish I have a Mac, it looks good enough to eat. ;) I think when 3DC 3.0 final version is out, with the fresh new GUI, the videos will be remade completely, just think .flv is the most universal video format.

Thanks for the vid, lc8b105.

Unfortunately, I'm having little other than frustration with 3D Coat right now. I've got a quad core Q6600 and just did a disk cleanup and defrag, and I can still accomplish virtually nothing at the moment. I've been attempting to do the Draw Using Photo, and just trying to manipulate the photo and figure is virtually unmanageable. :(