3DCoat Forums

Alpha Palette of ZBrush

Bo Atkinson

Please allow that i am still lost with 3d painting tech, largely because after 13 years in 3d vector based tools, my tool needs are extremely specific and not generally involved with traditional sculpting styles. (A few years ago i tried ZBrush and got totally frustrated with their 2.x GUI and then patiently waited for the free upgrade Mac version 3.x, just now released). Zbrush 3.x on Mac has what they call "Alpha Palette" tools which essentially extrude simple patterns. (Even from user artwork, i think). Beyond profile sweeping brushes, they seem to promise something more like molding or embossing patterns --Which produce real 3d mesh. That is my key interest, 3d mesh creation, (like a rubber stamp). In fact i mistakenly thought 3D coat somehow did this, a true beginner here . So i will have to focus on that alone for the present. If there is some interest in achieving this with voxels, i will keep upgrading in due course.