3DCoat Forums

depth limit

blade33ru

• Advanced Member

depth limit could be really powerful but its only predictable if you work in an orthographic viewport.

if you are working on cutting out pieces of a sphere using a rectangle stroke mode, each stoke gets completely different depth.

wouldn´t it be good to have an option working off of screen coordinates rather than the normal of the mesh (i guess) so its possible to get a consistent cut through the model which is always at the same depth as long as i don´t change  camera position?

Edited by blade33ru

• Advanced Member

i think you mean vox extrude.  i quite like the look of cutoff because its create cuts parallel with the screen.  anyway i found a solution.  what i was actually trying to do is create arrays of cuts thru an object which was impossible.  but now im just using a stencil with a square shape tiled.  if u just use one cut the stencil takes care of the array and all the depths are equal.  for my purposes its enough.  would still be good to have a definable depth with a number which means something globally