3DCoat Forums

Problem with the Layer Tool (Probably Mine)

TReischl

Go to solution Solved by digman,

I have been getting along with 3DC pretty darn good.  Spent the last week or so learning it on a full time basis.  Watching all the tutorials, etc.

A while back I was using the Layer tool and it worked great.  I purchased a pen tablet last week and was messing with various settings as I set it up.  Since then when I use the Layer tool, it automatically mirrors to the opposite side of the object.  I don't think it did that before and I am pretty sure I changed a setting somewhere to cause it.

But for the life of me I cannot seem to locate a setting that will correct it.

I have triple checked to make sure I do not have Symmetry on when using the tool so that is not it.

TIA

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

Layer Tool... Vox Layer?

Possible solution if you meant the back faces of the object or in other words the opposite side of the object. 

Check the E-Panel and make sure "Ignore Back Faces" is enabled. When using a spline tool in the E-panel this needs to be enabled.

Can you make a video of the problem if this does not fix it or I misunderstood what tool you were using.

post-518-0-41702500-1453748151_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman