3DCoat Forums

Newbie Question : How to Select an object and delete it.

st3v4nt

Hi, everyone I'm a newbie here, not just for using 3d coat but also 3d sculpting. Other 3d sculpting software that I used is Sculptris.

I've been try to search in forum for newbie section, and read the manual and watch the getting started tutorial, but still can't simple and definitive answer about the topic. 

So while exploring 3d coat with its vast option and tool I stuck at selecting an object (say I start a primitive at voxel sculpting room),

how can I select and delete a primitive in order to restart it from scratch without making new file? 

(I only have one primitive in viewport) 

I try to right click and select delete from contextual menu but the primitive object is still there. 

I also try to delete it from voxel tree palette/pane with the only primitive object (voxel) active but it still appear in viewport.

How can I activiting the gizmo back that appear on first when create the primitive?

Am I missing something? or is there something wrong with my pc?

I'm on 3dcoat v.4.8 + win 10 

4 minutes ago, dexsoft said:

Hi, you need to do that with layer. When you make new object in aculpt room, make new layer. When you need to delete it just delete layer.

I think :)

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah seems like that is the only way to do it. Which quite wierd from my pov. If layer is a placeholder for one or more object why can't I delete the object to empty the layer?

What I found by exploring 3d coat my self is I have to make new layer in voxel tree in order to delete the previous layer and the object inside. 

Hope anyone else could enlighten me on this issue. 

But I think it is ok, because they are voxels. When you retopo them then you will have 3d objects, when you transfer them to paint room you will convert them to paint 3d objects.

You always need to have at least one layer in order to delete previous. Yes. Dont know why :)