3DCoat Forums

pose tool - bug / feature ?

v377

1. loading a saved selection witH PAINT SELECT (tried with sphere too) then clear selection and then load selection does not work

image.png.a13f07f3cb1007238e4b80eba7510491.png

I am not moving anything but just do the above simple steps

2. I didnt find if there is a posibility to have the posed selction SAVED as A NEW LAYER ---> if there is a workaround with the booleans operators please advise

though it would be much easier to just have the pose selction + RMB and have CREATE NEW LAYER from posed selection

I do not get your question yet I found the problem.

I did same test on a new file and there is no problem. Selection loads correctly.

I tried it again in my file and it fails. I even did a new layer with a simple primitive sphere and it still fails to load the selection with the same error popup. 

After more tests I discovered why it wasn't loading: I deleted the NON-UNIFORM layers and now the selection loads as it should be. I think a nice feature should be to have a popup to uniform the layers or at least to check it. How could one think that a non-uniform layer can affect another layer in using any tools ?

Anyway if anyone has a solution for point no.2 or consider that is a good feature to add, feel free to answer it.

later edit: I uniformed all the layers and the loading still not works. How can I discover which layer is causing the Pose selection not to load ? 

Edited by v377