3DCoat Forums

Retopology suggestions

ghib

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

I have a few small suggestions for the Retopology tool all of them related to Points&faces and hopefully will aid the workflow.

• Hide the Brush size when this tool is activated. It's not used and is a big distraction. (It's not nice to make Radus = 0 all the time)
  • Consolidate 'Del. polygons' and the 'Split edge rings' tools into the Points&Faces tool. My suggestion is to use CTRL LMB - del. polygons CTRL SHIFT LMB - split edge rings
  • Delete Points by CTRL RMB clicking on the points. (This ties in with the idea of Deleting things by pressing CTRL but having it on the RMB so you don't accidentally delete any faces)
  • Only draw Triangles when we press Shift. (I find that I make unwanted triangles all the time by accident)
  • Draw the Points down over new low poly retop mesh. (sometimes you lay some points down and you can't see them; causing issues later)
  • Give us the ability to clear all Points or delete multiple points by drawing a Marquee box or Lasso.

I also have 1 more suggestion related to Retopology this time with the Strokes tool.

Can you give us the ability to insert new points along the stroke inbetween existing points?

Thanks for listening.

p.s. The new UI in ALPHA 79 is looking ACE :)

• Advanced Member

Ctrl + Shift is NOT good for non-English Windows systems. It's the default hot-key for switching input methods. Some hot-keys will not function after Ctrl + Shift in these Windows systems.

I've had a hard time with those Apps using Ctrl+Shift as hot-key, please don't use it in 3DC, thanks.

akira.