3DCoat Forums

Posting around

philnolan3d

I'm curious if any of you are posting 3DC work elsewhere on the web. I haven't really seen any and I think that's probably the best way to get the word out. I tend to just post my work, then when someone asks if I used z-spheres or something I'll explain that it was done in 3DC. I heard some folks saying that showing good finished work is not the best way, since it's how you get there that matters, but I think if they see nice work with 3DC attached to it then they at least know that there's something else out there and it might get them interested, especially if they're looking for an alternative to their current app.

• Advanced Member

Hi, Phil, I found out about 3DCoat about a year ago and have been following it ever since. I wasn't too keen on it for version 2.17 but I bought it 2 weeks ago so I could start to learn 3DCoat before ver. 3 is released. Version 3 rocks BTW!.

It's funny you asked if we are posting 3DCoat images elsewhere on the web because I was thinking about this very thing last night. At ZBrush central someone was requesting a feature for ZBrush 4 and they mentioned they would like better topology tools like 3DCoat has. It was a nice change to see someone asking for a feature in 3DCoat. Hats off to Andrew! :)

I think once some people start posting some really good images made in 3DCoat then the word will spread very fast. Now that 3DCoat is quickly maturing as an application with better UI, workflow and better tools we will see more works posted using 3DCoat in the near future. I would like to post something ASAP but I am still learning this wonderful app and probably won't post something until I have a good handle on version 3. :)