3DCoat Forums

Textura: Texture Baking Tool

BigStoater

Hey guys,

I just bought Textura ( not full 3D Coat) as a replacement for Substance Painter, so far it looks great, but I have a question regarding the texture baking tool:

Will this tool allow me to bake a high poly to a low poly to create normal maps like Substance Painter? I did play around with this but couldn't get it to work.

If this tool can't do that, is there another way to do it inside Textura?

Thanks in advance!

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, BigStoater said:

Hey guys,

I just bought Textura ( not full 3D Coat) as a replacement for Substance Painter, so far it looks great, but I have a question regarding the texture baking tool:

Will this tool allow me to bake a high poly to a low poly to create normal maps like Substance Painter? I did play around with this but couldn't get it to work.

If this tool can't do that, is there another way to do it inside Textura?

Thanks in advance!

Currently, I don't think that is an option, because Textura is intended to be just the Texture Painting tools of 3DCoat. The Texture baking from high poly to low poly falls under the Retopology/Texture Baking tools of 3DCoat. However, you could contact Sales@Pilgway.com and explain why you think it should be part of Textura (ie, that Texture Baking High Poly to Low Poly is offered in Substance Painter) and I am sure Stas and the staff will consider it. They are extremely fair people, so it is very possible that they would accommodate this request.