3DCoat Forums

Vox Layer Problem

Sui

Question

Help! My Vox Layer tool keeps failing to create new objects(it does create a new layer though). I tried to switch between creating as surface and auto voxlize, as well as using simpler shapes. But this failure keeps coming randomly.

8 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Oleg_Shapo said:

Can you write step by step what you are doing?

Simply select Vox Layer. Paint the freeze area and apply with Layer offset set to 0.2 and thickness to 0.8. Then a new layer will be created, but sometimes it fails to create a new object. This happens from time to time and randomly.

8 hours ago, Koray said:

It works fine for me. Maybe you too should delete the 3DCoat folders in your documents too. Make sure you have your licence ;)

And how does that work? It's pretty strange because in the older 2022 version, most tools worked just fine, and in 2023 they dont. I mean, the addition of various presets of tools does make handling and sculpting much comfortable. But I still hope the developers could at least keep the old tools as options for users.

• Advanced Member
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

Koray was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

1 hour ago, Sui said:

And how does that work? It's pretty strange because in the older 2022 version, most tools worked just fine, and in 2023 they dont. I mean, the addition of various presets of tools does make handling and sculpting much comfortable. But I still hope the developers could at least keep the old tools as options for users.

I meant deleting 3DCoat related folders here:

C:\Users\yourusername\Documents

Deleting them fixed two of my problems so I thought it may work for your problem too.

• Like 1

I'm having this exact issue aswell, Vox layer seems to work half the time no matter the thickness or offset. Does anyone know if this is a density issue or does vox layer not play nice when wrapping non-smooth forms? I have no idea and its driving me crazy, I'm trying to create a sleek space suit and having to redo the masked area for vox layer not responding makes it really hard to get into a flow.