3DCoat Forums

Spline Masks

James

Well I been waiting for Zbrush Mudbox or Anybody to do this for Hardsurface Modelling. Basically what I am thinking is an adaptation the old spline deformers in the Traditional 3D programs. I looking for something you can draw the spline controle on to the exsisting voxel surface locked to the surface that alows you to do hard surfaces with organic brush work without creating indepent masks in another program and importing them. The masks would be interactive you could have gradient aswell within the exsisting spline cage to deform the surface and a fallover to affect the curvature of area being maniputated. So if your working for and hardsurface organic shapes you start with booleans for the basics then the cages and tweek allowing you to save the general cage in a layer this would also be useful for morph targets in faces.

Anyquestions comments additions. Let face it organic modelling is easy with brushes but hardsurfaces are not.

• Advanced Member
Well I been waiting for Zbrush Mudbox or Anybody to do this for Hardsurface Modelling. Basically what I am thinking is an adaptation the old spline deformers in the Traditional 3D programs. I looking for something you can draw the spline controle on to the exsisting voxel surface locked to the surface that alows you to do hard surfaces with organic brush work without creating indepent masks in another program and importing them. The masks would be interactive you could have gradient aswell within the exsisting spline cage to deform the surface and a fallover to affect the curvature of area being maniputated. So if your working for and hardsurface organic shapes you start with booleans for the basics then the cages and tweek allowing you to save the general cage in a layer this would also be useful for morph targets in faces.

Anyquestions comments additions. Let face it organic modelling is easy with brushes but hardsurfaces are not.

+1