3DCoat Forums

Bevel Options on Primitives

jedwards

• Advanced Member

Would it be possible to add some extra settings in the primitive creation panels for objects with hard edges like cylinders and cubes?

Being able to bevel the ends of a cylinder and control the width would be awesome. I would imagine it as a simple checkbox to enable, with maybe 1 slider for each end to control the width.

Same with a cube, only maybe having 3 sliders, 1 for each axis. I use cylinders, cubes and spheres the most and I often wish for a bit more control over the hard edges.

• Advanced Member

I would alos like to see some simple mesh operations on a basic mesh :

For example : some new tools panel, to use on a new view : for example : new Primitives view

Some simple Tools to B level a cube , cut loop it , move edges , points or faces, merge points, some basic tools like in standard modeling tools.

This would be another way to make easily and fast hard edges shapes to use them in the Voxel view.

This new view could also allow you to make quickly a low poly mesh to use in voxel view to sculpt it whitout having to import a low poly model from another application : All done in 3D Coat :)

Or it could be used to make simple shapes, or hard edges parts of a models incredibly easy when merging in voxel view.

Z brush and Muddbox don't have that fearure, and people using them also request to have some tools for modifying simple meshes to do

Hard edges modeling !

• Advanced Member

good request jedwards , pior suggested something cool on polycount too - where 3dcoat would use some kind of edge finding technique and then you just click and drag on the voxel objects edge to bevel heres a link to the thread where we discussed it http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php...coat&page=5