3DCoat Forums

Bunch of wanted features

PolyHertz

Got quite a few would like to see. If any of these already exist please point them out (I didnt find them):

Paint (projection with photoshop):

Background layer with settable color so dont go blind in photoshop from all the white space.

Could add one while workin in phooshop, but would have to delete and re-make each time went in/out so it wasnt added in 3Dcoat layers

Wire overlay instead of shaded layer when painting in external editor.

Auto-symmetry color bake. Projects all the color info from one side to the other when re-entering 3dcoat from photoshop.

UVs:

Force whole UV set to be shown at all times.

Select faces/edges/etc. in UV viewport, not just preview window. This helps for overlapping UVs.

Flatten selection horizonatal/vertical

Ability to change the auto rotation degree (Only for 90d rotation atm)

Preview in viewport of whats selected in UV window, currently only works the other way around

Marquee select in UV window. Raycast is good for specifics, but slow for large group selections.

Only edge selections show in viewport, vert/face/etc. only in UV preview window. should be universal.

The ability to select individual edges instead of entire edge loops

Ability to move the UV window to a second monitor

Symmetrizing marked UV seams (symmetry mode works, But would be nice in case forget to enable at start of unwrap)

Raycast and marquee seam clear

And these I figure are almost certanly in the app, but again, I'm not seeing them (probably just going blind):

Freezing+Isolating based on UVs

Freezing+Isolating per-face

Setting the visible wireframe color