3DCoat Forums

Editing UV's question

Krasch

Just wondering if there's some way I'm not seing in the manual, or if this is a feature than could be aded if it doesn't yet exist but...

Is there a way to edit the UV map with a texture displayed on the model that you can create?

For example, say you want to create a T-shirt, and have an area on the shirt where one could place a logo in a program like Photoshop without having it distort. I am of course aware one could paint directly on the model, but I'm thinking of the eventuality that some users of the model might lack 3d paint software.

I know one COULD move UV points around, render with a texture map, se if there is distortion, rinse and repeat as necessary using trial and error until the UV is smooth. I was just thinking that the ability to move the points in UV space and have the results immediately reflected on the model would allow for a much quicker workflow. There IS a checker function after all, it would seem fairly simple to allow for a custom image to be used in place of the standard checker patterns.

• 6 months later...

Can you modify a file so that you can add your 'custom' checkers to the drop down list? I have two or three custom UV maps that I'd like to have available without having to navigate to them each time.