3DCoat Forums

export view to photoshop feature?

b33nine

• Advanced Member

Does 3dcoat have a feature to export your view to photoshop, paint on the model (in photoshop) and then re-import the painting to 3dcoat? I know Zbrush has a feature like this, but I'm trying to avoid the problems you run into with polypainting and the low resolution output. Just wanting to find out if this feature exists for 3dcoat as I haven't dabbled in the texturing side much just yet.

Thanks!

• 7 years later...

Hello everyone! I love the "edit projections in external editor" (photoshop cs5 in my case) but, to be even more useable in a production environment or just as a single user, it would be nice if we could save that temp PSD file that 3d Coat creates as opposed to having to do all your photoshop work in one session.  I'd like it greatly if 3d Coat could allow us to save that temp PSD in our own directory and 3D coat track the asset so that when we open it up and save it again, 3D coat will automatically update it based on the corresponding camera save as it does with it's temp file now.

Is that actually possible at this point?