3DCoat Forums

ptex blocky

Rich_Art

• Advanced Member

Hi all,

Today I started a little test on ptex. I have a simple cube. I did an AUTOPO with Ptex and after that I painted a simple color. Export the ptex color file from the paintroom. Textures->color to Ptex.

But now when I render this with C4D I do not get a smooth textures but blocky. See image.

Do I did something wrong?

post-3342-12930105213797_thumb.jpg

Peace,

Rich_Art. :good:

• Advanced Member

Nope it is a problem of the ptex face ordening.

I have something in mind that 3D Coat used a non-standard face ordering in some version (I have to find the post about this). This means, either you render fine the original disney samples (which is the way we went) or you render fine the 3d-coat specific ordering. I attached an image where I switched the Ptex Shader face ordering. The original disney samples don't render correct with that ordering. Do you think it would be an option to add a "switch ordering" in the plugin? There are fundamentally 8 different orderings possible so one could specifiy a number between 1 and 8 to get all possible options with Ptex Shader....

This is what Andre Ketner from blackstar solution said. The C4D plugin does have an option now to set the facing order.

:)

Problem solved...

Peace,

Rich_Art. :good: