3DCoat Forums

new 3d coat feature idea -> streaming

rouncer

I was wondering if streaming for infinitely sized voxel models would be a good feature for 3d coat.

the 3d coat people would be interested to add this to the program?

It would enable whole unique environments to be sculpted, it could be used in games similarly to how John Carmack said he could megastream voxels.

The merge tool could make this process of making a large environment possible, you could make greebles of whole buildings and plot them all at once, maybe something thats missing is some kind of landscape you could start with to kick off the modelling, but as is, a future tech dungeon would be possible already with no more extra tools. Id love this feature to be added, I wonder if someone else can see the importance of this, especially since voxels are gaining more popularity with the game production community.

3d coat could be a one stop program to make an entire universe and model set for a game, it would be amazing! As it is now tho, 3d Coat is pretty much only suited for single things at a time, but I dont think 3d coat couldnt handle the workload well, the merge tool really could make building a whole detailed city possible, plus a subway.